Top 5 Vegetable Stock America’s Test Kitchen: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Vegetable Stock America’s Test Kitchen Review:
1. Kitchen Basics Unsalted Vegetable Stock
Bring family favorites like mashed potatoes, lentils and pasta to life by preparing with Kitchen Basics Original Vegetable stock instead of water. Our gluten-free, no MSG added stock is made by slow-simmering vegetables with a blend of aromatic herbs and spices.
It imparts a rich, vegetable-forward broth flavor that the whole family will love. And certified heart-healthy by the American Heart Association, you can feel good about cooking with it, too. *except for that which naturally occurs in mushroom and tomato **not a sodium free food
- Dark, rich, unsalted stock made with slow-simmered vegetables and herbs and spices**
- Certified heart-healthy by the American Heart Association
- Feel good about serving to your family; no salt added, gluten-free and no MSG added*
- Recipe Tip: Use 1/2 cup of unsalted vegetable stock with 4 oz lo mein noodles for a more flavorful lo mein dish
- FUN FACT: Package design is easy to pour and reseal for use again and again
2. Kitchen Basics Organic Vegetable Stock
The Kitchen Basics Organic Vegetable Stock starts by simmering organic vegetables like carrot, onion and celery, with McCormick herbs and spices, to deliver a rich, robust flavor. Enjoyed by vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters alike, this organic vegetable stock is a convenient, flavorful shortcut to favorite family meals any night of the week.
From vegetarian side dishes like quinoa, rice and sauteed vegetables to homemade vegetable soups and noodle dishes, this stock delivers homemade taste across the board. Rich and delicious, organic vegetable cooking stock is the perfect start to many memorable meals.
- Robust organic vegetable stock made with slow-simmered organic vegetables and herbs and spices
- Package design is easy to pour and reseal for use again and again
- Create rich flavor when cooking rice or quinoa – just boil in stock instead of water
- Gluten free, no MSG added
- Use in recipes calling for broth, stock or bouillon
- Add a splash to sautéed vegetables or use instead of oil in marinades
- Delicious stock for use by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike
- Package is recyclable, FSC certified, and ASI certified
3. Rachael Ray All Natural Vegetable Stock
Rachael Ray’s all natural vegetable stock is great for cooking soups, sauces, or for adding flavor to any recipe! Each 32-ounce container features a unique recipe by Rachael and usage suggestions. The re-sealable carton allows for any remaining stock to be stored in the fridge. Made with delicious, all natural ingredients.
- Rachael Ray’s Vegetable Stock is conveniently packaged in an easy-to-store carton. This is a 6 pack.
- Gluten free. Only 2 g of carbohydrates and 480 mgs of sodium
- Vegetable stock is the great choice as a base for soups, stews, and is great for enhancing rice and pasta
- Ditch the can! This carton is fully recyclable
- This pantry staple can be used for more than just soup: use it in casseroles, sauces, gravy, stuffing, and more!
- See images for preparation, servings, recipes, and ingredients
4. Kitchen Basics Organic Vegetable Stock,2 Pound
Kitchen Basics Stocks are full-flavored liquids prepared by simmering beef, chicken, seafood or vegetables for hours with herbs and spices, until the flavor is extracted. Our wide variety of flavors are the perfect start to so many delicious meals.
Our Kitchen Basics Bone Broths are made with chicken or beef bones, organic vegetables, herbs and spices to deliver concentrated flavor. The result? A variety of ready-to-sip flavorful broths that also make mouthwatering dishes.
- Rich, homemade flavor
- Certified Heart-Healthy by the American Heart Association, gluten-free, low in sodium, and no added MSG
- Enjoyed by vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters alike
- Splash on veggies while cooking, or mix into rice, soups and stews
5. Knorr Homestyle Stock Vegetable
We add our Knorr Homestyle Stock to everything. It’s the trick up our sleeve, our secret sauce. Whether we’re looking for more flavor in a creamy risotto, flavor packed mashed potatoes, or even our ultra-satisfying Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew, our Homestyle Stock is always just the ingredient to make sure your dishes always pack that extra wallop.
Our Knorr Homestyle Vegetable Stock adds richness to recipes using the all-natural flavors of carrots, onions, tomatoes, celery root, leeks, cabbage, cauliflower, green peas and potatoes. We love working it into our favorite Mushroom Risotto to coax out every last bit of umami flavor from the sauteed mushrooms and nuttiness from the arborio rice.
We always have Knorr Homestyle Stock sitting in our kitchen and you’ll always taste one of our four Homestyle stocks in our cooking. On days when we’re going for all-out flavor, expect us to flip straight to our Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe before pouring Homestyle Beef Stock and a splash of dry red wine into the pot.
Simmered to low-fat, cholesterol-free perfection, our chefs developed this beef stock to be your ultimate slow cooker staple. And you can trust us to never, ever add any MSG.
- Knorr Homestyle Vegetable Stock (4.66oz) is simmered to perfection — a low fat, cholesterol free addition to your kitchen
- No MSG Added
- Low fat
- Cholesterol Free
- Add amazing flavor to any meal with Knorr Homestyle Stock Vegetable
6. Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth is a perfect start to soups and side dishes. We’ve simmered savory leeks, onions and garlic, adding carrots, celery and vine-ripened tomatoes for garden fresh flavor. Fat-free and gluten-free, and is great for vegetarian and vegan diets.
At Pacific Foods, we steer clear of additives, preservatives and common allergens, and avoid GMOs. The way we see it, nature knows how foods should taste, and we just try to follow her lead.
- Rich, organic vegetable broth that’s a perfect start to healthy soups and side dishes
- Simmered leeks, onions and garlic, with carrots, celery and vine-ripened tomatoes
- Fat-free and gluten-free, suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets
- Convenient 1 cup recipe size
- 24-pack of 8-ounce cartons
- Keto Friendly
7. Emeril’s All Natural Organic Stock
All natural. USDA organic. Great recipes start here! Use Emeril’s Stock instead of water when simmering vegetables, rice and potatoes. When someone asks me for cooking advice, I tell them, invest in stock! Not the financial kind, the chicken, beef and vegetable kind.
I know most people don’t have time to make their own. So I figured why not help these folks out by making the same kind of stocks I use in my restaurants. To make my stocks rich and flavorful, we simmer them with only the best ingredients.
If it’s not found in nature, you won’t find it in here. Then we pack them up, and bam! You’ve got my restaurant quality stock ready to use in your home. My beef flavored stock is a great base for soups and stews. It’s delicious in classic French onion and beef barley soup. Or try it in my recipe for beef stew or braised beef shanks. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
- Use Emeril’s flavored stock instead of water when simmering vegetables, rice and potatoes
- Highest-quality ingredients chosen by Emeril Lagasse himself
- Create a delicious creole-style tomato soup the whole family will love
- USDA Organic
- Convenient carton to seal in the freshness
8. Savory Choice Reduced Sodium Vegetable Broth Concentrate
Our Gluten-Free, Clean Label, Beef/Chicken/Vegetable Flavor Broth Concentrates are produced by thermal processing of beef/chicken/vegetable stock and natural flavor to obtain a concentrated liquid with an intense flavor and aroma.
- 50 Individual Reduced Sodium Stick Packs, updated packaging, with Nutrition Facts on the Package
- Reduced Sodium Liquid broth concentrate packed in single-serve foil pouches
- No MSG, no preservatives, no trans–fats, and gluten-free
- Convenience: no more opening a full box of broth when you only need 1 cup
- Each stick pouch of liquid broth concentrate is reconstituted with 1 cup (8 oz) hot water.
9. Maggi Veggie Bouillon Cube
Low Sodium Veggie Bouillon Cubes is wholesome, satisfying broth in seconds, just add hot water. The rich, full-bodied flavor enhances soups, stews, sauces and more.
- Contains no trans fat
- Low Sodium
10. Cook’s Delight Instant Vegan Vegetable Stock
Cook’s Delight certified organic vegetable soup base is vegan and non-gmo. Add to recipes calling for vegetable stock or use in place of chicken stock. Great flavor in soups, sauces, vegetables, noodles and rice – just to name a few. Main ingredients are organic certified vegetables.
This top quality product can be used for both foodservice and home use. Save your money and just add water to this concentrated paste base instead of buying expensive pre-made broths. Great for plant-based diets.
- 1 jar makes same amount of soup stock as 22 – 32 oz liquid box broths!
- Certified Organic Vegetables are main ingredient
- Organic & Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Mix with boiling water, noodles and vegetables for a quick soup! Easy to use for a quick soup stock.
- Shelf-Stable. Unopened containers do not require refrigeration. – Product is best by 2 years from date of manufacture.