Top 10 Best Baitcast Reel: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Baitcast Reel Review:
1. Lew’s Mach 2 SLP Baitcast Reel
Lew’s Mach 2 Baitcast raises the bar in looks and performance of a quality baitcast reel. The Mach 2 features Lew’s exclusive Super Low Profile (SLP) platform that is more compact and offers superior balance and reduced torque for better control.
The frame is strong and lightweight graphite with graphite sideplates. The 32 mm double anodized aluminum spool is fast-starting for effortless cast. Winn advanced polymer Dri-Tac handle knobs provide a sure grip and the bowed 95mm anodized aluminum handle delivers plenty of cranking power.
- Strong and lightweight, Super Low Profile (SLP) graphite frame and sideplates. Machined and double anodized aluminum U-shape 32 millimeter spool. High strength solid brass Speed Gears, cut on precision Hamai CNC gear hobbing machines
- A premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings and Zero Reverse one-way clutch bearing.
- Externally adjustable Magnetic Control System (MCS). Double anodized aluminum spool tension adjustment with audible click.
- Durable Rulon drag system, provides up to 15lbs of drag power. Anodized bowed aluminum 95 millimeter handle with Winn Dri-Tac handle knobs
- Double anodized aluminum bowed drag star with audible click adjustment. Quick release side plate lock lever. Zirconia line guide
2. Abu Garcia Max DLC Low Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel
Value-packed power and performance, the Max Digital Line-Counter low profile reel gets the job done day after day with 5 stainless steel ball bearings that provide smooth operation. 20 pounds of drag pressure and a lighted digital line-counter provide accuracy and power for a variety of situations. The addition of a bent handle and drag star translates into a more ergonomic feel for all day comfort.
- Lighted Digital Line counter
- Dura brass Gears
- Multi Disc Drag
- 5 Ball bearings
- Compact bent handle and star
- DTT warning system (Distance to Tip)
3. Abu Garcia Black Max & Max X Low Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel
The guide on baitcast reels does not move with the line coming off the spool when you cast. The reel is working how it’s supposed to as long as it is feeding the line back and forth on the spool when you reel in.
- Lightweight design with one piece graphite frame and side plates
- 4 stainless steel ball bearings
- Clear tip design for strength and sensitivity
- MagTrax brake system boosts range and accuracy of casts
- Compact bent handle and recessed reel provide an ergonomic grip
4. Lew’s Custom Lite SLP Speed Spool Reel
Weighing in at just 4.9 ounces, the Custom Lite SLP baitcast reel is the lightest reel ever produced by Lew’s. The Custom Lite SLP features a proprietary Tanso Tech frame and a titanium, anodized aircraft-grade Duralumin 30mm spool that can pick up 28” of line per handle turn.
On the engineering side, this piece of equipment features an 11-bearing system with Lew’s P2 Super Pinion, which provides better gear mesh for smoother cranking, longer casts and extended gear life.
Matched with the externally adjustable 6-pin, 27-position QuietCast Adjustable Centrifugal Braking (ACB) system, the bowed, lightweight 95mm carbon fiber handle with EVA paddle knobs keeps things light and comfortable while on the water.
- Package length: 7.899 cm
- Package width: 11.277 cm
- Package height: 14.478 cm
- Product Type: FISHING REEL
5. Lew’s SuperDuty 300 Speed Spool Baitcast Reel
With heavy-duty design and an extreme line capacity, the Lew’s Super Duty 300 Speed Spool Baitcasting Reel is constructed using a sturdy, one-piece aluminum frame, encapsulating a premium 7-bearing system with stainless steel, double-shielded bearings, and a ZRXTra one-way clutch bearing.
It features an adjustable Multi-Setting Brake (MSB) dual cast control system and crafted with a rugged carbon fiber drag system that generates an astounding 24 lbs of max drag power. It is equipped with a bowed, heavy-duty 100mm aluminum handles with Winn Dri-Tac knobs for superior control.
- Technique: Casting
- Reel Handle Position: Left
- Gear Ratio: 7.2:1
6. CURADO K
The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
The SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- Built tournament tough; this low-profile baitcasting reel is the benchmark for durability and reliability which is why generations of anglers have looked to curado as their trusted partner
- Featuring shimano’s latest technology such as the super smooth; efficient; and durable micromodule gearing
- Employs svs infinity braking system providing easy-to-manage and consistent spool control and brake force for precision casting with lighter lures as well as precise adjustments when switching baits or a change in condition
- Utilizes x-ship technology to improve durability and long-lasting performance; as well as a smoother; more powerful retrieve making this the ‘go to’ casting reel for both freshwater and saltwater action
- Max drag: 11 lbs. / gear ratio: 7.4:1. / weight: 7.6 oz. / line retrieve: 31″ / bearings: 6bb + 1rb – powerpro line cap: 30/190; 50/120; 65/80 – mono line cap: 8/180; 10/155; 14/110 – retrieve: right
7. Shimano Metanium Low Profile Reels
Completely redesigned by Shimano’s award-winning engineers, the all-new Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B is a high-performance low-profile baitcasting reel for serious freshwater anglers. This newly redesigned Metanium MGL B features Shimano’s brand new, never-before-seen Magnesium CoreSolid Body, which offers next-level durability, frame rigidity, and sensitivity in an incredibly light reel offering.
In addition to the new body, the Metanium MGL 150 B makes it easy to cast light baits super far thanks to its integration of the MGLIII spool, which reduces spool inertia 17 percent over the previous generation of the Metanium MGL. Additionally, thanks in part to Shimano’s SVS Infinity Braking, the newest Metanium also provides the ultimate in casting adjustability to accommodate a wide range of lures and techniques.
Boasting the MicroModule main gear similar to the previous generation, this time Shimano upgraded it with a solid brass construction for enhanced durability and smoothness that will last a lifetime. Coupling that ultra-smooth brass gearing with Shimano’s Silent Tune technology results in reduced spool bearing vibration to maximize casting distance and improve cast feel. If you’re looking to take your tournament bass fishing up a notch, grab the Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B ASAP and see the difference a high-performance reel can make for yourself.
- Integrates the B-Side Plate, levelwind guard and frame into a solid one-piece construction. This delivers an unprecedented feeling of rigidity and sensitivity, and is the first design of this type in a low-profile baitcast reel.
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- The MicroModule system creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- Provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- An ultra-thin spool that thoroughly pursues low inertia. The spool has a reduction in inertia by about 15% compared to the second-generation MGL Spool by using a narrow shape with a width of 19 mm for the outer diameter of 34 mm. Resulting in unparalleled casting performance.
8. KastKing Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels
KastKing engineering delivers the all new KastKing Royale Legend II baitcasting reel! It is a fishing reel that has been totally redesigned for comfort, performance, and durability.
KastKing reduced the size of Royale Legend II’s graphite frame and side covers for a more compact, palmable shape with graphite side covers and a side cover release concealed at the back of the reel for a smooth, comfortable feel for long days on the water.
Royale Legend II baitcast reels are now equipped with a highly adjustable 8 magnetic button braking system with ten levels of brake adjustment that eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and control in windy conditions.
Performance improvement was a core objective in designing the new Royale Legend II baitcaster fishing reel. An amazing 30% durability increase and 35% more smoothness of the reel under load was achieved by adding double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings and ball bearing sleeve to support the pinion gear and main shaft. Hamai precision machined brass gears for strength, durability, and cranking smoothness add to the performance of the cast reel making it an amazing bass fishing reel.
Royale Legend II baitcasters come in two gear ratios and in both left- and right-hand retrieve. If you need a low gear ratio reel for crankbaits or slower presentations, there’s a 5.4:1 model that allows you to work lures slowly for more strikes. For pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed, select the 7.2:1 gear ratio, high speed model that quickly retrieves line at 26.8” per handle crank making it easy to catch up to fish or make quick follow up casts.
Quadruple disc carbon fiber drag washers deliver a smooth maximum drag power of 17.6 lbs. While this is plenty of power for most fishing conditions, the most important part of the drag system is how smooth it is. No hesitation and smooth starts protect light fishing lines and gives you confidence when landing big fish.
- KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
9. Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Reel 18LB Carbon Fiber Drag Baitcasters
Engineered and precision-cut gears, plus stainless steel springs and screws provides strength, water resistance, reliable operation, and quiet, steady-speed retrievals. There is not another baitcasting fishing reel on the market with reinforced gears.
4 customer fit carbon fiber drag washers, simply outlast sand performs better than what are often composite washers, making fine-tuning to power a simple turn of the star drag adjustment. Keep drag pressure off when not use.
Optimal shielded bearings mean a long life from oil wear particles and water, fresh or salt. We put the right bearing at the place of serious business. They redefine smooth and free pool for low profile baitcast reel.
- Advanced, 4-washer, gives the low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB carbon fiber drag to handle the big fish you are after
- Industrial durable-strength, climate-resistant Japanese Hami cut 3604 brass gears, these are all top quality gears you expect for baitcaster fishing reels
- Low profile design bait caster featuring 7.1:1 gear ratios specifically designed for the versatile angler. The Super Silent high speed 7.1:1 Gear Ratio baitcasting fishing reel is perfect for getting fish quickly out of cover and faster fishing tactics
- Unique side-plate oil port for prolonged maintenance for Novice to Pro to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance
- Strong double wind shafts and backlash-eliminating 0-10 magnetic dial-in settings
10. Abu Garcia Zata Baitcast Low Profile Fishing Reel
- 10 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Graphite frame and sideplates
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Duragear brass gear for extended gear life
- Infini brake system allows almost limitless adjustability to handle any fishing situation