Top 5 America’s Test Kitchen Best Santoku Knife: Editor Recommended
The 10 America’s Test Kitchen Best Santoku Knife Review:
1. HENCKELS Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
Experience confidence with each cut. The Henckels International CLASSIC 7″ Hollow Edge Santoku Knife boasts a precision, fine-edge blade that is honed for long-lasting sharpness. This Santoku—Japanese for “three virtues”—excels at three cutting techniques: expertly mince garlic, slice cucumber, and dice onions with this Asian all-rounder.
The hollow edge blade has small indentations, aka grantons, which prevent food from sticking while cutting. High-quality German stainless steel strengthens this durable, Spanish-made knife. With a seamless transition from blade to handle, the knife’s fully forged construction provides balance as the traditional triple-rivet handle encourages tireless cutting.
Henckels International makes essential kitchen tools every home chef needs. From steak knives to spatulas, every product boasts high quality at an exceptional value. Created in 1895 by Zwilling J.A. Henckels. design and ease of use for which the global company is known. Equip your kitchen with expertise with Henckels International.
- Fabricated from high quality German stainless steel. Made in Spain
- Professional, satin finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long lasting sharpness
- Ergonomic, traditional triple rivet handle offers balance and comfort
- 7-inch santoku knife for preparing meat, fish, and vegetables
- Fine polished hollow razor edge
- Handwash with mild cleanser
- Single 7 inch Santoku knife for preparing meat, fish, and vegetables
2. HENCKELS Forged Premio Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
The Henckels International Forged Premio 7″ Hollow Edge Santoku Knife allows you to cut with confidence. Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel, the Santoku—Japanese for “three virtues”—excels at three cutting techniques. Expertly mince garlic, slice cucumber, and dice onions with this Asian all-rounder, whose hollow edge blade has small indentations, aka grantons, which prevent food from sticking while cutting.
The forged bolster construction seamlessly transitions from blade to handle for durability and balance. Curved for comfort, the triple-rivet handle features a stylish, stainless steel endcap that adds aesthetic appeal to your knife block. Stamped with the single man Henckels’ logo, this Halberdier symbolizes Forged Premio’s superb quality at a remarkable value.
Henckels International makes essential kitchen tools every home chef needs. From steak knives to spatulas, every product boasts high quality at an exceptional value. Created in 1895 by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, this value-driven brand guarantees the same durability, design and ease of use for which the global company is known. Equip your kitchen with expertise with Henckels International.
- Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel
- Forged bolster construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
- Professional satin-finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness
- Modern triple-rivet design is curved for comfort
- Stainless steel logo-stamped endcap is stylish and sturdy
3. MITSUMOTO SAKARI 7 inch Japanese Santoku Chef Knife
Professional Japanese chef’s knife inherits the traditional Japanese hand forging method; combined with advanced technology and materials. Through the knifemaker’s manual fine knife shape and pounding out the gorgeous pounding texture; into the perfect forging art and craftsmanship. Insist on completing a perfect kitchen chef’s knife through 45 days of hand forging.
Santoku chef knife is made of 3 layers of top grade 9CR18MOV high carbon steel with precision quenching and vacuum cold nitrogen treatment. It greatly enhances the characteristics of corrosion resistance, rust prevention and toughness; the hardness is up to 58±2HRC. 2.6mm ultra-thin sharp blade can keep the ideal ripeness of fruits, vegetables in the best condition and meat in the most delicious moment when cutting.
- Please do not cut bones or hard foods.
- Please do not slap anything with the blade. Do not cut food on hard objects.
- Do not touch corrosive and hydrochloric acid substances and keep away from fire.
- After each use, please wash with water, dry and put in a dry and ventilated place.
4. Misen Santoku Knife – 7.5 Inch Japanese Style Kitchen Knife
The Misen Santoku knife is similar to a classic chef knife in its utility, while being slightly shorter and lighter. Its more nimble size and feel makes it a favorite among new cooks or those who prefer chopping or slicing cuts.
The cooking knife is crafted from AICHI AUS-10 steel which offers a superior balance between long lasting sharpness and durability with 2x the carbon content of some other “premium” chef’s knives.
- Santoku knives feature a distinctive rounded-down tip and flatter blade edge that make them a great all-purpose chopping knife for a variety of kitchen duties.
- A distinctive sloped bolster shape encourages a proper and safer “pinch grip” for better comfort and control. The sharp knife also features a more acute 15 degree angle for noticeably smoother cutting.
- We could charge more for our kitchen knives, but that would be wrong. We believe in using the best materials possible and selling directly to you at a fair and honest price.
5. Shun Premier Grey Santoku Knife
The first thing that catches the eye about the beautiful Shun Premier series is its magnificent tsuchime (tsoo-CHEE-may) finish. This hammered finish combined with Premier’s mirror blade polish and intricately layered Damascus, gives Shun Premier a look that is at once rustic and sophisticated.
But the real beauty of Premier is how it performs. Premier is designed to provide exceptionally agile handling. The lightweight, razor-sharp blades are quick and precise. The palm swell on the handle nestles into the hand to provide confident control – for both smaller and larger hands. The embossed endcap and brass ring provide both balance and beauty.
- Beautifully crafted, Asian-inspired chef’s knife sure to become a kitchen favorite; the Santoku knife easily handles all basic kitchen cutting tasks with unmatched versatility.
- Light and agile, combined with being slightly shorter than the standard chef’s knife, makes the Premier Santoku knife a top performer for users from professional chefs to the family kitchen.
- Easy to use as a chef’s knife and is especially effective with a down-and-forward cutting motion; hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting for clean and precise results.
- VG-MAX “super steel,” 34 layers on each side of stainless Damascus cladding and contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood handle that fits every hand like a glove, set this knife apart.
- Versatile, easy-to-use knife for a variety of purposes: chopping, slicing, peeling, cutting, grilling out, preparing dinner, chopping vegetables, preparing food or giving as a thoughtful gift.
6. ZWILLING Twin Signature 7-Inch Kitchen Knife
TWIN Signature knives are precision stamped from a single piece of German steel, resulting in lighter weight knives that do not compromise sharpness. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years.
Combined with ZWILLING’s signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.
To ensure an ideal cutting angle, the laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp and is honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans. The three-rivet handle embedded with the ZWILLING J.A. Henckels logo provides optimum durability.
- Manufactured in Germany. Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel. Rust resistant
- One-piece precision-stamped blade for a lighter weight knife without sacrificing strength.
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper stays sharper longer and has superior resilience
- Ergonomic polymer handle is perfectly bonded to full tang
- 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention. Edge angle 10° per side
7. Wusthof 4183 Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife 7
Wusthof Classic 6-1/2″ Hollow Forged Granton Santoku KnifeStyled after the Japanese Cook’s Knife, this Wusthof Classic 6-1/2″ hollow forged granton edge Santoku knife is perfect for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine. Use it for cutting fish, vegetables, and boneless or lightly boned meats such as chicken.
Its hollow edge blade creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade during use.Standard Features:Wusthof Classic 6-1/2″ Hollow Forged Granton Santoku Knife Classic Collection Blade Size: 6-1/2″ Forged from One Piece of Specially Tempered High Carbon Steel with a Stain-Resistant Alloy Buffed by Hand and Seamlessly Attached to a Highly Durable Polymer Handle Precision Handling.
Handle Features a Full Tang, Triple-Riveted Design and is Contoured with a Comfortable GripLifetime Wusthof Guarantee Against Material and Manufacturing Defects
- WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling
- High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely
- 3 Piece Knife Set with dual riveted synthetic
8. WÜSTHOF Gourmet Two Piece Asian Cook’s Knife Set
The Gourmet cutlery line from Wüsthof offers excellent workmanship without top-of-the-line expense. Using high-carbon, stain-resistant steel, Wüsthof laser cuts and laser tests each blade for perfect uniformity and a super sharp edge.
The durable Gourmet synthetic handles feature a seamless, hygienic fit and full-tang construction for maximum strength. They are reinforced with triple rivets on all blades over 4-1/2 inches. Designed for years of reliable use and easy sharpening, these knives are a great cutlery solution for the mid-range budget.
This Gourmet Japanese cooks knife, also known as a santoku knife, features a straight-edge blade for straight-down slicing and precision chopping. Rows of alternating hollows in the blade create tiny air pockets, so the knife slides without sticking and even paper-thin slices fall away.
The 3-inch paper comes in handy for cleaning prawns, trimming ginger, or creating garnishes. Like other Wüsthof cutlery, this set is safe in the dishwasher, but should be washed by hand for best results.
- 2 Piece Chef’s Knife Set with triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. Precisely laser-cut stamped knives offer superb quality and value.
- High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely cut with the latest state of the art technology for incredible sharpness and easy maintenance. WÜSTHOF kitchen knives are Hand Wash Only.
- Includes 7-1/2-inch Santoku; 3-inch straight paper.
- WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago.
9. Santoku Knife – imarku 7 inch Kitchen Knife Ultra Sharp Asian Knife Japanese Chef Knife
This imarku Super Sharp Santoku Knife is made of German HC stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
Sharpness is key. The professional knife blade polishing makes this Japanese knife be more sharper than others, and it has been proven its ability to withstand the rigors of tough restaurant use. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 15-18 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly.
- The Kitchen knife blade is made from incredibly razor sharp, premium German high carbon stainless steel 7Cr17Mov.
- Double-side groove design adds gap between the blade and the material being cut, so that there is less contact between the food and the blade, so that cutting can be done quickly and easily.
- Each handle is engineered to gently widen where it meets the blade to help protect fingers.
- Our santoku knife adopts ergonomic design pakkawood handles for perfect balance, maximum comfort and best manipulation.
10. TUO Santoku Knife – Japanese Chef Knife
The Black Hawk S 7 inch hollow ground santoku knife is designed to be elegantly modern and purposefully functional. Owning the best of kitchen knife, it offers you the versatility and flexibility in the busiest of kitchen.
Featuring special-forged high-carbon stainless steel with a high-tech vacuum heat-treatment and nitrogen cryogenic tempering, it ensures you the extreme strength, flexibility, durability, and maximum performance.
3D pattern finish forged by the state-of-the-art technology, it is way more complicated than the traditional blade making process. It offers not only high-end appearance, but also an incredible practicality and sense of use.
Since the 3D pattern reduces the contact surface between food and blade, it prevents food from sticking on the blade and provides maximized the slicing efficiency.
- Blade Material: High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Brand: TUO
- Color: BLACK HAWK S
- Blade Edge: Hollow
- Blade Length: 7 Inches