You may learn more about how our reviews are conducted from our editors, who conduct their own research, evaluations, and recommendations. The purchases made through our links may earn us money.
A good bottle of olive oil with a spout will suffice for most of your culinary needs, but an oil mister is a worthwhile investment. Why? Just like the name suggests—it sprays your meal with oil rather than squirting it all out in one go—an oil sprayer is precisely what you’d expect it to be.
Top 5 America’s Test Kitchen Best Oil Mister: Editor Pick’s
In addition to saving you money, it’s also better for your health because you aren’t overusing your cooking oil. In addition to being practical, an oil mister also looks good on the counter because it contains your oil in a manageable and appealing container. Does this sound like something you must have? What follows are our picks for the best oil sprayers on the market.
The 8 America’s Test Kitchen Best Oil Mister Reviews:
1. Misto Oil Sprayer Frosted Glass
- Misto is a reusable oil spray and Mister bottle that gives you the...
- Fill Misto with your favorite oils, vinegars, lemon and Lime juice,...
- Easy-to-use pump style cap features a 2-step operation: Simply pump...
- The Non-Aerosol sprayer doesn't use chemical propellants, and it's...
Without the use of any potentially dangerous propellants, the Misto sprayer is as near as you’ll come to commercial aerosol sprayers. The BPA-free1 mister disperses oil in the same little droplets, ensuring that your meal is coated uniformly and consistently.
It’s a breeze to work with: There are only two steps involved in using the pump-style cap. Press the valve on the pressure sprayer after pumping up the container and you’ll have a fine mist ready to go in no time. It’s also incredibly adaptable.
Besides oils, vinegars, citrus juices, sherry, and marsala wine can all be sprayed into the sprayer. Cleaning this sprayer’s numerous components is the only drawback. Fortunately, you only need to undertake a thorough cleaning every six to eight weeks to keep it in good working order.
- Easy to operate
- Available in a variety of styles
- Can be difficult to clean
2. Wayeept Oil Spritzer Mister for Air Fryer Olive
- BETTER MIST: The olive oil sprayer mister head is made of premium...
- SAFE AND HEALTHY: The oil spritzer bottle make you a healthier...
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN: The oil dispenser is easy to use. Just a little...
- WIDELY APPLICATIONS: The oil sprayer can be used in many occasions,...
This elegant oil sprayer has a lot going for it. Because of the low cost, the sprayer includes a slew of useful features, such as an anti-slip design and an easy-to-hold food-grade glass bottle.
There’s no need to pump any more than you already do, either. The oil mister is simple to use; all you have to do is press the button lightly. Spraying olive oil, vinegar, or soy sauce creates a fine mist that coats food properly, no matter what you’re using. The sprayer also comes with two cleaning brushes (one small and one large), as well as an extra tubing, to increase the item’s usable life.
- Sleek, easy to hold
- Comes with cleaning brushes
- Mist isn’t always consistent
3. Purelite Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister Dispenser Sprayer
- 🥚 FINE MIST SPRAY: Our easy to use refillable Cooking Oil Spray...
- 🍳 SAFETY: The bottle is made of BPA Free, food safe glass for...
- 🌮 CONVENIENT: Wide Mouth Bottle for Easy Pouring (without funnels)...
- 🥘 MANY USES: Not only can it dispense oils for no stick and no...
In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, this glass bottle’s lovely blue tint helps keep the oil inside from being rancid by blocking out the sun’s rays. Additionally, the glass is coated with a safety film to avoid breaking if it falls out of your hands while you’re working.
The sprayer’s pump-style function allows it to deposit a fine, even mist that can be used for a variety of purposes, including covering food or baking pans. After pumping the bottle 30 times, you should feel a little resistance. With a simple push of your finger down, you’ll be able to coat your food with an even layer of cooking oil.
- Dark glass to prevent spoilage
- Have to pump it 30 times
4. CHEFVANTAGE Olive Oil Mister and Premium Cooking Sprayer
- THE HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO COOKING SPRAYS - While store-bought cooking...
- VERSATILE - It's great for most types of oil (e.g. olive, coconut), as...
- NO CLOGGING - Our mister won't clog, even if you add fresh herbs, say,...
- EASY TO USE - Because this uses a non-aerosol air pressure pump...
There is very little oil used when air-frying, but it must be thoroughly distributed to ensure that all of the food is crispy, crunchy, and evenly cooked.
As a result, an oil sprayer is an essential piece of equipment, and it’s critical that you choose one that produces a thin, even mist. Even if you use fresh herbs or chili peppers to flavor your oil, this bottle’s anti-clog construction will keep it from clogging.
Even if you’re spraying directly into the chamber of your air fryer, the sprayer’s sleek glass design makes it easy to hold. The glass bottle also won’t hold scents or flavors, so you don’t have to worry about using the infused oils in there.
- Sleek design
- Small and easy to hold
- Disperses an ultra-fine mist
5. Sunnyac Olive Oil Sprayer for Cooking
- REFILLABLE OIL DISPENSER: This olive oil sprayer allows you to control...
- SIMPLY HAND-PRESSED: The oil sprayer bottle has a air pump style...
- EXTENSIVE USES: The glass oil dispenser bottle works great for most...
- REUSABLE AND TRANSPARENT: The oil sprayer for cooking is made from...
To save counter space in the kitchen or to easily transport the mister from the stove to the grill, this handheld mister is a must-have. Just under 7 inches tall and 3 inches wide, it’s one of the tiniest of the lot, making it one of the most compact.
Despite its diminutive stature, this oil sprayer packs a powerful punch. The stainless steel top conceals an air pump-style mechanism that aids in dispersing an ultra-fine mist, allowing you to better regulate the amount of cooking oil you use.
Like previous glass oil sprayers, this one does not absorb scents or flavors, making it infinitely adaptable. Fill it with vinegar, juice, soy sauce, cooking wine, or even water if you like (yes, even pungent oils like sesame oil will work).
- Compact design
- Includes a funnel for filling
- Mist isn’t always consistent
6. Delta Evo Stainless Steel 16 Ounce Oil Sprayer
- 18/8 stainless steel bottle with plastic sprayer
- BPA, Latex, and DEHP free
- Won’t clog, melt, shatter or show fingerprints
- Perfect for portion control
For those who don’t have time to pump the Evo Stainless Steel Oil Mister before spraying, this is a great solution. No propellants are required for this, either.) The spray bottle has an ergonomic trigger and is made of 18/8 stainless steel with a BPA-free2 plastic sprayer.
The bottle’s cooking oil can be dispensed by squeezing it once. With each pull, you can rest assured that you’re getting exactly the right amount of oil onto your meal or cooking surface.
Because it sprays in a fan pattern that can be adjusted to either a vertical or horizontal pattern, the coverage and evenness are both excellent. What’s one more thing to adore about you? Since the oil mister holds 16 ounces of oil, even the most avid home cooks won’t have to keep refilling it.
- Ergonomic trigger
- Releases the same amount of oil with each spray
- Large capacity
7. NORBASE Oil Sprayer for Cooking
- Multi-purpose:It is reusable kitchenware tools for home and kitchen....
- Transparent and double scale design: With transparent design, this oil...
- Control oil pouring: No more using aerosol-filled store-bought cooking...
- Safe design & portable to carry: The olive oil spritzer bottle is made...
You can use the second bottle to add vinegar to salads or ready-to-eat vegetables, which is a great feature if you’re looking for an oil sprayer for that purpose.
Of course, if you cook with more than one sort of oil on a daily basis, you may use the set for both. Either way, having two separate bottles on hand is a convenient luxury that eliminates the need for washing, drying, and refilling.
This glass container has measures etched into the side, which we think is brilliant. If you’d rather have a more delicious dressing than just olive oil and vinegar, this is a great way to make it right in the bottle. The bundle is a fantastic bargain. Basting and cleaning brushes are also included in the package.
- Great value
- Comes with helpful accessories
- Bottle has measurements
- A bit top heavy
8. EVO 18 Ounce Reusable Oil Sprayer
- Made from Latex, BPA, and DEHP free plastic
- Refillable and reusable
- Sprays oils without the use of aerosols
- Sprays oil in vertical and horizontal fan pattern for optimum coverage...
The last thing you want is a broken piece of glass on your patio when you use your oil mister for grilling. This spray bottle is ideal because it’s constructed of plastic, which meets the requirements. Make no fear: It’s devoid of latex, BPA, and DEHP.
In addition, the sprayer’s 18-ounce capacity makes it ideal for sprinkling huge portions of meat with more than simply oil (think vinegar sprays for pork butt and more).
To ensure maximum coverage and control, this Evo product is designed to spray in fan patterns in both vertical and horizontal directions. Every drop of oil that’s being dumped will be accounted for.
- Large capacity
- Even coverage
- May retain odors and flavors
Buying Guide: What To Consider When Select Oil Mister
The most common types of oil sprayers are made of glass, stainless steel, or plastic. Glass is the most prevalent container type because it is naturally chemical-free, does not absorb aromas or flavors, and has an exquisite appearance.
Stainless steel is also a popular choice since it is incredibly robust and has an interior that protects the oil from degrading. Plastic is also a good alternative for busy kitchens because it is lightweight, sturdy, and easy to clean. In addition, it’s cost-effective. Sadly, plastic can hold onto scents and aromas for an extended period of time. Plastic.
When cooking with a lot of oil, it’s a good idea to get a bigger pot. If, on the other hand, you only use the oil a few times a week, opt for a smaller sprayer. This means that your oil will last considerably longer.
c) How Spray Is Activated
A simple kitchen tool, the type of sprayer differs from bottle to bottle, even though it’s a simple kitchen utility. Non-aerosol oil sprayers are deemed superior because they do not contain any propellants that could be dangerous.
However, there are many more distinct styles. While some oil-spraying devices use pressure valves, others employ trigger mechanisms or pumps. All of them are effective in general, but the quality of the model you’re selecting is more important than the general efficacy.
Frequently Asked Question:
i. What kinds of cooking oils can be used in an oil sprayer? ‘
An oil sprayer can be used with any type of cooking oil. If you’re using a different sort of oil, make sure to properly clean the container between usage. Investing in a glass or stainless steel bottle is a good idea if you want to switch different oils, as plastic can retain aromas and flavors.
ii. What’s the best place to keep an oil sprayer?
Wipe the nozzle after each use to prevent clogging and prolong the life of your sprayer. When using an oil sprayer, keep it out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources, as this can lead to premature decomposition of the glass or plastic container. Keep your mister in a modest and dark location, such as a cabinet in your kitchen.
iii. How frequently should you clean your oil sprayer?
Cleaning your oil sprayer on a regular basis is critical to preventing nozzle clogging. In general, this is how the procedure works: Spray a few times after filling the empty bottle with warm, soapy water and shaking it. Drain and refill after thorough cleaning with warm water and a few extra sprays.
The Misto Oil sprayer is the greatest all-around oil sprayer since it’s the closest you can come to aerosol sprayers without the potentially dangerous propellants. Check out the EVO 18-Ounce Reusable Sprayer if you need an oil sprayer for grilling.